Instore offers a feature called Cash Discount, allowing our merchants to share processing fees with their customers. Cash Discount is legal thanks to the Durbin Amendment, part of the 2010 Dodd-Frank Bill.
How Cash Discount works
- We add a service fee to every transaction
- 3.0%-4.0% for average ticket above $15
- 40c-60c for average ticket below $15
- Customers who pay by cash, check, or gift card receive an instant discount equal to the service fee, building loyalty
- Collected service fees cover your processing costs
- We can also deduct processing fees from tips before payout
To sign up for Cash Discount, you’ll need to modify your merchant services pricing to establish a flat rate that we’ll pass through to your customers. Call (855-568-3696 x1) or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
- All fees and discounts must be clearly listed on receipts
- Advertise your Cash Discount program at point of sale