If your cash drawer will not open or you are having other trouble with your cash drawer, try the following troubleshooting steps.
- Confirm that you have an Active cash drawer listed in Instore’s Cash Management tab, under Drawers. Note that the drawer needs to be assigned to connected hardware to work properly.
- Confirm that your iPad is connected to cash drawer hardware (either an ELO PayPoint or a receipt printer). This article explains how to connect a cash drawer to Instore.
- If your printer is turned off or has an error (like running out of paper or ink), this can prevent the cash drawer from opening. Try troubleshooting printer issues to fix a cash drawer problem.
- Instore determines when to open the cash drawer automatically. This typically occurs for paid ins, paid outs, refunds, accepting cash for an order, and adding a cash tip. The action you performed may not require the cash drawer to open.
- If you do not use a receipt printer with Instore, you will need to operate the cash drawer manually.
- Check the list of hardware that is compatible with Instore to ensure that you are using the right equipment.
If you are still having trouble with your cash drawer, please contact us at email@example.com or 855-568-3696.