If your cash drawer will not open or you are having other trouble with your cash drawer, try the following troubleshooting steps.
- A cash drawer needs to be connected to a receipt printer in order to open automatically. This article explains how to connect a cash drawer to Instore.
- Check that your cash drawer is securely connected to your printer.
- If your printer is turned off or has an error (like running out of paper or ink), this will also prevent the cash drawer from opening. Try troubleshooting printer issues to fix a cash drawer problem.
- Instore determines when to open the cash drawer automatically. This typically occurs for paid ins, paid outs, refunds, paying for an order, and adding a cash tip. The action you performed may not require the cash drawer to open.
- If you do not use a receipt printer with Instore, you will need to operate the cash drawer manually.
- Check the list of hardware that is compatible with Instore to ensure that you are using the right equipment.
If you are still having trouble with your cash drawer, please contact us at email@example.com.