Instore includes a Connection Status light on the bottom left of your Instore app to alert you when your iPad’s connectivity is compromised. The light is designed to alert you if your Internet connection fails or slows down, if a piece of hardware disconnects (printer, card reader, scanner), or if the tablet is not syncing properly with Office or your other iPads.
The Status light offers 2 indicators:
Green – you are connected
Red – something is amiss
If your iPad is not functioning as expected, touch the light, then touch “Connection status“.
This view details your connection status, including:
- Internet Connection Health – we test your connection health by pinging 3 high-uptime websites. A healthy network will have ping times of under a second. If your connection health is more than a second across the three websites, you will experience delays in features that rely on network connectivity. If your tablet is not connected to the Internet, you will see failure messages. Loss of Internet connectivity is the most likely reason for your Sync Status to turn red. Troubleshoot by restarting your wireless router or contacting your IT support professional.
- Sync Status – the desired state of this indicator is “Online“. When Sync Status is red, your iPad is not properly synchronizing data with Instore’s web servers. Sync data includes orders, rewards, gift cards, and customer data. When Sync Status is red, check your Network Latency (above) to see if your Sync problems are Instore-related or network-related.
- Installed Printers – checks to see if your printers are online and reachable. A healthy indicator will show them Online. If one or more of your printers is disconnected, it will list as Printer unreachable. You can troubleshoot the problem further with our help article, Printer troubleshooting. Note that the Installed Printers indicator lists your iPad’s network address to help troubleshoot disconnected printers.
- Card Swiper – checks to see if your card swiper is recognized by the iPad. If this indicator reads Disconnected, check your swiper’s connection to the iPad. You can troubleshoot the problem further with our help article, MagTek Dynamo Troubleshooting.
- Bar Code Scanner(s) – checks to ensure your Socket Mobile bluetooth barcode scanner is connected to the iPad. If no scanner is connected, this indicator will be blank. To connect your barcode scanner, please start at step 4 in Barcode scanning. A connected scanner will be listed here. To confirm which scanner is connected to your iPad, touch the “Beep” button to make the scanner beep.