As your Instore customer database grows, you will occasionally create duplicate entries for a single customer. This can happen when a customer uses a new credit card that does not get associated with their existing account or signs up for Rewards with a different email address. To merge duplicate customer records,
- Click on the Customer Database tab on the left side of your Instore app
- Click Merge customers on the left pane
- Search for the records you want to merge, then click Add to merge
- After selecting all the records you want merged, click Begin on the right pane
- Follow the steps to select which part of which record you want to keep and complete the process by clicking Merge
You can view the merged record to make sure it is complete. Note that Point totals and Orders will also be combined in the merged record.