Starting with version 1.36, customers can pay with a stored gift (or declining balance) card without having the card in hand. This is a great sales tool for selling more gift cards as well as helpful in establishing house accounts with pre-funded debit balances.
To accept payment from a not-present Gift Card,
- Click on the Customer Database tab on Instore and look up the customer in question. Ensure that he has a sufficient gift card balance.
- Click Add to order to associate the customer with the Order
- After building the Order, click Pay, then click Card on the left side of the Pay Screen
- Instore will list any available gift cards associated with that customer. Select the card they will be paying with, then click Charge
- Instore will process the payment and debit the balance of the gift card used
Note: if a customer has insufficient funds on one or more gift cards, you can use the Split payment flow to zero out the gift card in question then accept different tender for the balance of the transaction.