Instore on iPad can be connected to optional hardware to extend the store experience. Below is a complete list of hardware components used with Instore.
Diagram of Hardware
The stand and credit card reader connect directly to your iPad. The cash drawer connects to your receipt printer, which needs a direct connection to your wireless network router. The iPad then connects to your printer wirelessly.
List of Hardware
- Apple iPad 2 or newer (latest model recommended)
- iDynamo Credit Card Reader (provided by credit card processor)
- Micro USB to USB Cable (usually included with card reader)
- iPad stand such as the Pad Grip Pro
- Vasario Cash Drawer 1416 or 1616 Model
- APG Cash Drawer 320 MultiPRO Cable
- Epson and Star Micronics thermal and impact printers with Ethernet ports
- Ethernet Cable (used to connect your printer to a network router)
In addition to the hardware above, you will also need to have a network router in your store that broadcasts a wireless signal to be able to use wireless printing. Read our help article on setting up a wireless printer with Instore.