Instore on iPad can be connected to optional hardware to extend the store experience. Below is a partial list of hardware components used with Instore.
Diagram of Hardware
The stand and credit card reader connect directly to your iPad. The cash drawer connects to your receipt printer, which needs a direct connection to your wireless network router. The iPad then connects to your printer wirelessly.
List of Hardware
- Apple iPad Air or iPad Mini (latest model recommended)
- iDynamo Credit Card Reader with charging cable
- Elo PayPoint all-in-one register with built in card reader, cash drawer, printer, barcode scanner, and customer-facing display
- iPad stand such as the Studio Proper X Mount or PadGrip Pro
- Star Cash Drawer with cable
- Star mPOP all-in-one device with optional barcode scanner
- Epson and Star Micronics thermal and impact printers
- Socket Mobile barcode reader
In addition to the hardware above, you will also want to have a network router in your store that broadcasts a wireless signal to be able to use wireless printing.