For customers outside the United States and Canada who use Instore, here are some tips to help make it easier to run Instore without our built-in credit card processing.
For Orders Being Paid by Credit Card
When a customer wishes to pay with credit card and you do not use Instore credit card processing, follow the steps below.
- Create the order on Instore and tap the Pay button. You will now see the pay screen on Instore
- Using the total given by Instore on that screen, type the amount into your third-party credit card terminal
- Once approved by your third-party credit card terminal, return to Instore and tap the Exact Change cash payment option on the screen. You can optionally offer an email or printed receipt from Instore in addition to the one printed by your credit card terminal
- At the end of the day, you will run two reports: the credit report on your third-party credit card terminal and a Z Report within Instore
- Deduct the amount from the credit report from the total cash sales from the Z Report on Instore. This will remove the credit card charges made during the day and leave you with the actual cash balance in your cash drawer.