What This Policy Covers
When you visit the Own website, we collect your IP address and standard web log information, such as your browser type and the pages you accessed on our website.
When you create an account, we collect the following types of information from you:
- Owner information: owner name, date of birth, social security number, address, phone, email, and other similar information.
- Business Information: business name, business address, industry, Federal Tax ID number (if applicable), and other similar information.
When you use or access your Own account, we may collect additional information, including:
- Bank account and payment card numbers to enable settlement, other relevant information about the financial institutions you use to conduct business.
- The location and other details related to your account transactions, including information about your device.
Before permitting you to use our service, we may require you to provide additional information we can use to verify your identity or address or manage risk, such as your complete social security number or other information. We may also obtain information about you from third parties such as credit bureaus and identity verification services.
Finally, we may collect additional information from or about you in other ways not specifically described here. For example, we may collect information related to your contact with our customer support team or store results when you respond to a survey.
When you access our website, we, or companies we hire to track how our website is used, may place small data files called “cookies” on your computer.
We send a “session cookie” to your computer when you log in to your account. This type of cookie helps us to recognize you if you visit multiple pages on our site during the same session, so that we do not need to ask you for your password on each page. Once you log out or close your browser, this cookie expires and no longer has any effect.
Throughout this policy, we use the term “personal information” to describe information that can be associated with a specific person and can be used to identify that person. We do not consider personal information to include information that has been anonymized so that it does not identify a specific user.
We do not sell or rent your personal information with anyone for promotional or marketing purposes. Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. We may use your personal information to:
- Provide the services and customer support you request;
- Process transactions and send notices about your transactions;
- Resolve disputes and troubleshoot problems;
- Prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities;
- Customize, measure, and improve our services and the content and layout of our website;
- Compare information for accuracy and verify it with third parties.
At times, that may require that we provide your information to a third-party who may respond to your request on our behalf. In addition, we may be required to provide your information in response to a valid court order, subpoena, government investigation or as otherwise required by law. We may also release information if we believe it is reasonably necessary to protect the rights, property and safety of others and ourselves. We may also release personal information in the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution or similar event.
We may share your personal information with:
- Service providers under contract who help with parts of our business operations (fraud prevention, bill collection, marketing, technology services). Our contracts dictate that these service providers only use your information in connection with the services they perform for us and not for their own benefit.
- Financial institutions that allow us to process your transactions that we partner with to jointly create and offer products or services.
- Credit bureaus to report outstanding negative balance accounts, as allowed by law.
- Law enforcement, government officials, or other third parties when:
- we are compelled to do so by a subpoena, court order or similar legal procedure
- we need to do so to comply with law
- we believe in good faith that the disclosure of personal information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report suspected illegal activity, or to investigate violations of our Agreements.
- Other third parties with your consent or direction to do so.
This Website uses Google Display Advertising when you visit the site. Third-party vendors, including Google, show ads produced by Own on sites across the internet that you may visit. This is done through the use of first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) by third-party vendors, including Google, that inform, optimize, and serve ads based on someone’s past visits to the website of Own. This usually means that when you visit Own and then visit other Websites afterwards, advertisements from Own may appear on those Websites based on the fact that you visited Own sometime in the past. You can opt-out of this service by adding the Opt-out Browser Add-on from Google.
This Website uses AdRoll for retargeting advertisements. As you browse Own, advertising cookies will be placed on your computer so that we can understand what you are interested in. Our display advertising partner, AdRoll, then enables us to present you with retargeting advertising on other sites based on your previous interaction with Own. The techniques our partners employ do not collect personal information such as your name, email address, postal address or telephone number. You can visit AdRoll to opt out of AdRoll and their partners’ targeted advertising.
Own cannot guarantee against any loss, misuse, unauthorized disclosure, alteration, or destruction of your information and cannot ensure or warrant the security of any personal information you transmit to us by e-mail or through this web site. You make any transmissions of information to us by e-mail or through this web site at your own risk.
By choosing Instore for merchant credit card processing, you understand the information in this form will be sent to and used by Mercury to begin its underwriting process and is not a guarantee of acceptance which may only occur upon your review and completion of a card services application and agreement and acceptance of same by Mercury and/or its processor and member bank. You authorize Mercury to contact you to provide an application for card processing services and to complete any other steps necessary for completion of a card services application and agreement. YOU AUTHORIZE MERCURY TO OBTAIN AND USE YOUR INDIVIDUAL AND BUSINESS CREDIT REPORTS AS PART OF ITS UNDERWRITING PROCESS FOR REVIEW OF AN APPLICATION AND ESTABLISHMENT OF A CARD SERVICES AGREEMENT FOR CARD PROCESSING SERVICES. Mercury hours of operation are Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00am to 5:00pm Mountain Standard Time.
Links to Other Web Sites
When you contact Own through any means such as email, post, telephone, and/or our online contact form, you forfeit any copyright you may own on the ideas or know-how in your communication. Please do not submit ideas that you wish to keep confidential or proprietary to Own. Own cannot be held responsible for third-party information you may deliver to us that may be protected by copyright, patent, or other means.
How to Contact Us
If you have questions about the collection, use, or disclosure of your personal information by Own, please contact us at:
Own Group, Inc.
680 Mission Street, Suite 28E
San Francisco, California, 94105
Revised on April 25, 2013, to reflect the addition of Google Display Advertising and AdRoll Retargeting.