Turn on your iPad and tap the Home button at the bottom of the device
- Select your language and country.
- We recommend creating a separate Apple ID for your business. This will help prevent personal photo’s and text messages going to your work device.
Please save all of your ID and password information in a document that you can easily access. This will come in handy when you are prompted for software updates
- Select “Manual Set Up” and connect to Wifi
Please do not set up Touch ID. Select “Set up Touch ID later” and then select “Don’t use”. This will ensure that your employees won’t get locked out of the system.
- You will be prompted to set up a passcode: please select the following: “Passcode Options”, “Don’t use Passcode” and again, “Don’t use Passcode”.
iPad Settings to optimize your Instore POS
- Tap on the Settings icon, select Wifi and turn on “Ask to join Networks”. It will show as green when turned on.
- Select General in the left hand column and tap “Date & Time”. Please make sure that “Set Automatically” is turn on/green.
- Select Display and Brightness and increase brightness to about 75%
- Set auto-lock to 5 minutes
- Now select Touch ID & Passcode, scroll to the bottom, and turn on “USB Accessories” to help your iPad work with plug-in card readers
Time Saver! To ensure that you always have access to the latest software please scroll down and select “iTunes and Appstore” and please make sure “Updates” is turned on and green. This will ensure that you are never out of date and save you time in the future.
- Please close settings and select the icon for the Apple App Store
- Search for Instore and download the app. If this is your first time downloading an app Apple will require you to enter in your billing information. If the app doesn’t download automatically, make sure you have a credit card associated with your Apple ID. PLEASE NOTE: you will not be charged to download this app. Billing for Instore is handled separately.