Instore on iPad can be connected to optional hardware to extend the store experience. Below is a partial list of hardware components compatible with Instore.
Diagram of Hardware
The stand and credit card reader connect directly to your iPad. The cash drawer connects to your receipt printer, which with standalone printers connects to your wireless network router. The iPad then connects to your printer wirelessly.
List of Hardware
- Apple iPad Air, Pro or Mini (latest model recommended). Setup Instructions
- Elo PayPoint all-in-one register with built in card reader, cash drawer, printer, barcode scanner, and customer-facing display. Setup Instructions
- iDynamo Credit Card Reader with charging cable. Setup Instructions
- iPad stand such as the Studio Proper X Mount or PadGrip Pro
- Star Cash Drawer with cable. Setup Instructions
- Epson and Star Micronics thermal and impact printers. Setup Instructions
- Socket Mobile barcode reader. Setup Instructions
In addition to the hardware above, you will also want to have a network router in your store that broadcasts a wireless signal to be able to use wireless printing.