You can manually setup pricing in Instore so that tax is calculated within the item price, as opposed to a separate tax line at the bottom of the bill. You may prefer this method if you would like customers to only see simple, whole number pricing.
- To set a tax-inclusive price for an item, go to the item you wish to edit within the Menu area of your office backend.
- Find Item-level Tax and turn it on.
- Set the tax rate for the item.
- Find the Sizes and Prices area and set the price of each item to the value it needs to be before tax is applied.
- To determine the pre-tax price, divide the desired price by 1 plus the tax rate. For example, if your tax rate is 8%, you can set the price of an espresso to $2.78, which would appear as $3.00 on your bill.
- $3.00/(1+.08) = $2.78
- Repeat these steps for any other items you would like to be tax-inclusive.
The steps above take advantage of our item-level tax rates which are a flexible way to set special taxation policies for certain goods that states tax differently like prepared foods, groceries, tobacco, wine, merchandise, and spirits.