If your Star TSP100 printers periodically drop their connection to your tablets, first confirm that your network is performing normally. If you don’t have a network problem, Star recommends updating your printer firmware. Here’s a link to the necessary update files with written instructions are below. You can also call Star directly at 800-782-7636 and they can manage the update for you. Star’s support hours are 9-5 et.
- Double click the MOT2FMEMNIC file that matches your OS (Windows or Mac).
- Click “Discovery” button, then you can find Star LAN printers in the Network.
- Check “Select” check box of printers which you would like to reflash.
- Press “File” button and select Firmware data (mot file) in PC.
- Uncheck “Mode-ID protection”, then “Status Protection” should become gray out.
- Click “Write” button, then start to reflash data.
- When the data transmission is complete, “Success. Please wait for self-reset to the printer” dialog will appear.
- Confirm printer LED stop blinking, then reset printer to apply Firmware update.
- To verify update, please check self test printout. (Power ON while pressing FEED button.)
Note: While reflashing data, Red LED (ERROR) is blinking. Please do not power off the printer while blinking.